Here are some suggested activities for you to complete today.
All the best,
- Phonics - Put 5 of these words with the Phonic <i> into sentences (icy, icon, diet, child, idea, wild, behind, spider, pirate, diary, Viking, horizon, phial, quiet, gigantic, diagonal, microphone, hibernate) - 10 minutes
- Reading - 10 minutes
- Writing - Can you think of 5 adverbs that you can use when writing instructions, for e.g. carefully, cautiously, evenly, slowly, etc. Use some of the adverbs that you have thought of to complete these sentences:
- He _________ walked out of the shop with his shopping.
- __________ put your sandwich in your lunchbox .
- The horse whisked its tail ________ at the other horses in the field.
- __________ tie your shoes we will be late for school.
- Mental Maths Week 26 Pages 77 Tuesday (see image below for page 77 from the book and also attached is a document that includes the answers which you can check once page is completed)
- Tables x11 Table Toppers Unit 12 pg. 22
This week we are looking at the different rooms in houses and the various objects that can be found in those rooms. Today we are looking at Sa Chistin (The kitchen). The following is a list of words associated with the kitchen, along with a poster of the words and a picture to go with them (both of these lists can be seen in the images below). Try spending 10-15 mins or so going through the words and try to memorise as many as possible.
The website www.teanglann.ie can be helpful as they provide a pronunciation function.
Theme - Australia