I just want to let you know just how proud that I am of you as you know most of you were missing your friends and school. I want you to know that I was so happy that I was your teacher this year and I will treasure all the lovely happy memories and fun that we had as a class together from the start of the school year until the March 2020.
Here are a few of my happy memories.
- The first day when I was lucky enough to meet all the boys and girls in the Daffodil class.
- Fun during Aistear.
- Maths groups.
- Literacy lift-off
- Gymnastics with Morgan.
- The Astro Play Area
- Science Experiments
- World Book Day
- Seachtain na Gaeilge – Céilí sa halla, Lá Glas.
- Fun activities and lessons with Mr. Roche, Ms’ O’Lone and Ms. Nolan.
- Fun in the library and out on the playground.
- Our morning circle time chats and games.
- Many more lovely memories of all the subjects that I taught you and that you enjoyed.
However, I want you all to know that we will always share this time in historic moment together where for the first time in recent history the teachers and students had to learn from home instead of going to school.
I also want you to know that you all ready for 2nd class next year. You do not need to worry about missing the end of 1st class. In 2nd class the teachers will catch up and revise the most important parts of the key learning from 1st class.
What would really help you get ready for next year would be at home work on your values of kindness, patience, resilience and all the ones that you know. Read plenty of books. Have fun playing, be creative make up fun games to play, build forts and enjoy the nature around you.
I hope you have a lovely Summer and I am looking forward to seeing you all when we return back to school,
From Ms. Hennessy.