Welcome back everyone! I hope you all had an enjoyable and restful mid-term break!
As directed by the DES, school will be closed on 19th November. The staff will be attending compulsory Whole School Professional Development on the new Primary Language Curriculum
Witches Walk – Almost €5,000 was raised for our Witches Walk this year. Thank you to everyone who contributed and supported our fundraiser. The monies will go towards the installation of a new Astro Turf Pitch for the children. There is a small number of sponsorship cards not returned, please ensure all cards, even blank ones, are sent into the school immediately.
Cake Sale- there is a number of tins/containers still in the school following the cake sale. Please arrange to collect them if belonging to you.
Swimming tomorrow for Ms Sheehan’s 4th class and Mr O’Toole’s 3rd Class. The cost of swimming for your child is €25 for 5 lessons and may be paid through the Aladdin App.
Please ensure your child has their swimming gear with them. Many thanks.
Musical rehearsals for groups and soloists only will take place each Monday from 2.30-3.30 going forward.
Whole cast rehearsal takes place every Thursday in the big hall 2.30-3.30 until Christmas.
TUSLA- Every School Day Counts Campaign
Our school is working with TUSLA (family, child and welfare services) to help promote children's attendance at school. PLease see a few ideas on the back as to how we can encourage our children to regularly attend school. Our aim is to 'Strive for 5'.
Also, a reminder that if your child is absent from school, a written note needs to be given to the teacher or else a reason given on Aladdin app. If your child is late for school and has missed roll call by 9.50, they will be marked absent for the day. Please endeavour to make all appointments for outside of school time.
Book Fair - we will be hosting a book fair on 27th,28th and 29th of November.
More details to follow next week
Shoe Box Appeal leaflets will be sent home with your child today. Please return shoe boxes before Friday next November 15th. Please read leaflet carefully with regard to what items are allowed to be included. All items should be new. Many thanks again for your support and generosity.
SAFETY NOTICE DURING WORKS
Yard Supervision in the mornings - the school grounds are only supervised from 8.35am in the mornings. Please do not leave your children into the school before this time.
On a wet day,. Please drop children from 8.35am – 9.00am. Children can enter through the front door.
Afternoon: The set down area is only for parents who have a parking permit.
How Parents Can Help Make
Every School Day Count:
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead.
- Make sure your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time – not late.
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours when possible.
- Always inform the school if your child is absent due to illness – this should be followed up with a written note when your child returns to school.
- Take family holidays outside term time.
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work (including homework).
- Attend parent evenings and school events.
- Praise and reward your child’s achievements at school.
- Always support school staff in their efforts to control difﬁcult or challenging behaviour.
- Discuss any problems or difﬁculties with the school – staff are there to help and will be supportive.
In accordance with TUSLA’s November campaign ‘Every School Day Counts’, our aim for the month of November is to attend school every day…..Monday to Friday.
‘Strive for 5’
Every School Day Counts
Thursday Note and school information also available
on Aladdin App.
Thank you for your co-operation with the above.