St Patrick’s Day – School Closure
The School will be closed for St Patrick’s day next week, Friday 17th March and the following Monday 20th March 2017. Enjoy the break everyone!
Swimming tomorrow Friday 3rd March for Ms Egan’s 5th class and Ms Curran’s 4th class.
Seachtain na Gaeilge 2017
Beidh Seachtain na Gaeilge ag tarlúint sa scoil an tseachtain seo chugainn (13 – 16 ú Lá Márta). Beidh damhsa, ceol traidisiúnta, cluichí agus craic againn gach lá. Beidh ‘Lá Glas’ againn ar an Déardaoin agus caithfidh gach páiste éadaí glas a chaitheamh agus €1 nó €2 a thabhairt isteach ar an lá sin. Beidh an t-airgead a bhaileoimid ag dul go ‘The Dining Room – Newbridge’ (carthanas do dhaoine gan dídean). Bain taitneamh as agus labhair Gaeilge le do thoil! J
Seachtain na Gaeilge will take place next week (13th - 16th March). We will have dancing, traditional music, games and fun every day. We will have a ‘Green Day’ on the Thursday and every child must wear green clothes and bring in €1 or €2 on that day. The money that we will collect will go to ‘The Dining Room – Newbridge’ (homeless charity). Enjoy it and speak Irish please! J
Mobile Phones: We have a lot of issues in the school with pupils using mobile phones and we are concerned about safekeeping of the phones and the welfare of our children with online bullying, inappropriate use of snapchat, Instagram, whatsapp etc. As a result of this, as a staff, we have decided that children will not be permitted to bring mobile phones to school after Easter without prior agreement with the Principal including a meeting and signed agreement. Meanwhile I want to ask you to please encourage your child to leave their phone at home.
SNU Choir News: We recently welcomed Lisa Nagle of Newbridge Gospel Choir in to do a vocal workshop with our school choir. Lisa is a very talented conductor and is launching Gospel Og, a gospel choir for children here in Newbridge. There will be a launch/information night on Monday next, 13th March in Patrician Primary School at 5.45pm. Please contact email@example.com for details. We would love if children from Scoil na Naomh Uilig were interested in joining to attend the launch night.
Parents Information: A series of really informative and worthwhile Parenting Talks has been organised by Kildare Library Service which are free of charge for everyone. A brief overview is available overleaf and full information is available on the school website.
Our hall is rented for Gymnastics and Irish Dancing by private Instructors. Gymnastics is held on Thursday afternoons from 3.30pm to 6.30pm, enquiries to Leonard on 087 2462885. Irish Dancing is held on Wednesday afternoons from 2.30pm to 3.30pm, contact Tracey 087 6533706. These are not school activities.
Let’s Talk about Parenting – March & April
Series of Parenting Talks has been organised by Kildare Library Service with support from agencies and organisations: Attendance at all of the events is free of charge and open to everyone but advance booking is required. Please contact the library where the talk is happening to book your place.
For further information please check out www.kildare.ie/library
· Parent’s Guide to the Leaving Cert
· Help your Baby or Young Child Sleep Better
· Helping Our Teenagers Choose Healthy Relationships
· The Legal Rights and Responsibilities of Unmarried Parents
· Where do I come from, where do I go?
· First Aid for Parents
· Nurturing the Seeds of Self-Discipline, independence and Confidence in Children 2- 6 yrs Old
· Parenting Teenagers – Tips and Tools
· The New Single Affordable Childcare Programme and Choosing Quality Childcare in Kildare
· The Baby Sleep Solution
· Communicating With Our Children
· Positive Parenting: skills and strategies to help parents to encourage their children to behave well
TTT Events for February, March and April 2017
- Helping primary school children with issues such as Dyspraxia, Asperger’s, ADHD / ADD, Down Syndrome prepare to transition to secondary school
- Visual Strategies and Self-Management
- Motor Development and Your Child
- Mental Health Management for People with “Hidden” Disabilities
- I am concerned that my child may have an additional need...what do I do
- My child has been diagnosed with and additional need...what do I do now?
- Open Sesame: Using Music Therapeutically for Children with Varying Needs
- Study Skills for Older Children and Teens with Dyslexia
- Social Skills for Teens
- What is Dyslexia?
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (Dyspraxia) in Secondary School
- Social and Communication Skills for Children