What a week of glorious sunshine! I know lots of boys and girls from The Snowdrops had great fun in their gardens and paddling pools with their families! Let’s hope we get lots more Mr. Sun over the next few months!
This week our theme was ‘The Farm’. I grew up on a farm in Co. Galway so it is one of my favourite themes! The Spring is my favourite time of the year on a farm as the little baby lambs are born. They are so cute, gentle and playful! One of our friends Conor visited a pet farm last week! He was petting a lamb so gently and he saw a goat too! What is your favourite farm animal? I saw some wonderful drawing and colouring in of farm pictures!
The boys and girls were also busy learning about the life cycle of a butterfly, writing their letter ‘h’, ordering numbers and reading their Oxford Tree books!
It was so nice to hear about some of the other lovely activities the children got upto this week:
- Conor visited a pet farm and drew a lovely picture of his visit!
- Hayley is having lots of fun with Eddie the Explorer at home!
- Eoghan designed and made a boat using a plastic bottle with his sister! Then he brought it to the river to test how far it could travel!
- Sofia is doing a new challenge where she cycles 5kms a day on her new bicycle. She is also doing ballet lessons online and this week she focused on the plie!
- Lara wrote me a letter all by herself and is reading the ‘Ladybird Read it Yourself’ books on her own every night!
- Cíara is writing lots of words for our daily sounds and read the book ‘Peck Peck’!
- Haripranav has been busy playing with his sister and doing all of his work!
I hope you enjoy having a look at this week’s slideshow! See how many of your friends or their names on their work that you recognise!
That’s all for now!
Take good care,
Ms. Earley XXX